[A92] Re: Need 65k of contiguous space

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A92] Re: Need 65k of contiguous space

> I am writing a z80 emulator for the TI92+, wich will hopefully evolve in a
> GameBoy emulator.
>
> However, I need a 65k ($10000) block of contiguous ram to use as z80 ram.
> The problem is that there seems to be a file size limit of 65k, and with the
> file headers what remains to be used is less than that. Also, when I do a
> heap alloc, the max I could alloc was close to 65k but not enough (If it
> remember correctly, it was $FFF0).
>
> Do you have any suggestion to workaround this "limitation"?

Assuming you need actual RAM space and not a file that's >$FFF0 bytes, you could
use HeapAllocHigh twice to get two memory areas in a row. Just remember to save
the info in the beginning of the second block for when you de-allocate it.

Or you could just play dirty and assume that the high memory is free. ;)

--
 / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92+ at http://prosit.ticalc.org

That seems to point up a significant difference between Europeans and
Americans. A European says: "I can't understand this, what's wrong with
me?" An American says: "I can't understand this, what's wrong with him?"
        -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Follow-Ups: References: