[A92] Re: Fargo and 92+

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A92] Re: Fargo and 92+

Hi!

I was a bit unclear but was not my problem at all.
I wanna type in an assembler program and then I wanna run it.
So i need an assembler for the TI92+. But not one in the PC and then sent
to the Calc. I'd like to do assembler like the calc's basic!

Although I wonder whether there is a good assembler for  PC to assemble
the instruction mnemonics to a *.92x file that can be run on the calc.

Pierre

> First of all, make sure you know what a "shell" is.  It does not replace
> the existing system of the calculator at all.  Rather, it is an ordinary
> program whose its main function is to show a list of programs from which
> you can select one, and then it will run.  All the shells that I know of
> allow yuou to exit them very easily (e.g. by pressing the ESC key) so
> running one does not cause trouble if you want to do other things as well.
>
> "Shell" is also sometimes used to refer to programs like Universal OS,
> which are probably better called "kernels".  These "kernels"  must be
> installed to allow some (but not all) assembly programs to run.  These do
> not repalce the main system either, and don't have much effect except when
> you run a program using them.
>
> Any assembly program that is "nostub" (which includes most recently
> released ones) will run by itself without any kernel or shell.  Of course,
> after a total reset, you will have to re-send the program, because since
> the calculator is reset the program will be erased!  But to make such a
> program, just put "XDEF _nostub" in it and of course don't use in
> kernel-based libraries, ROM calls, or "RAM calls".

Follow-Ups: References: