A92: Re: a REAL assembler for the 89/92+

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Re: a REAL assembler for the 89/92+

> WHERE can l find an assembler that works?  For more than a year now, people
> have been making asm games for the 89 and 92+.  l don't see how.  l have only
> found two assemblers for the 89/92+, and yet neither of them produce a
> desired effect.  the one that comes with doorsos whines about its doorsos.h
> file,

Define "whines"? Doesn't find it? Have you ser A68k:s search path correctly? A
simple solution would be to copy doorsos.h to the directory where your own
source is.

Feel free to contact me directly if you need help with this.

> and TI-GCC bloats the code and makes the program unusable.  someone
> told me last night that l could use TI-GCC to assemble .asm programs.

TI-GCC just calls A68K for files with the .asm extension, but it probably knows
where to find a copy of doorsos.h (one is included, IIRC).

> sounded good.  so l assemble my keylib.asm program, and it gives back an .89z
> file.  This file is about 60 bytes larger than the exact same program that
> someone else assembled for me before, and creates a "function did not return
> a value" right in the middle of running my calling program.  So, what is it
> that people use to compile assembly, and where can l get it?

I use A68k configured to look for .h files in a couple of directories. Same with
TI-GCC.

 / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92+ at http://prosit.ticalc.org
Random PQF Quote follows:

Never trust any complicated cocktail that remainds perfectly clear until
the last ingredient goes in, and then immediately clouds.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)