Re: A92: Hello everybody!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Hello everybody!

I am fairly new at programming assembly for the 68K (and new to this list)
but I have an idea you can try.  First of all I am using a standard TI-92
(not a plus) with rom v.1.3 but my idea should be the same for both calcs
(since they both use the same hardware / ports).  While trying to write a
new interrupt for my asm programs (to handle keypresses) I crashed my calc.
Even after I reset the calc and copied fargo back onto it I still
experienced various errors (including address errors) while running assembly
programs that had previously worked.  This baffled me.  It seems that I must
have screwed something up in one of the I/O ports, or something, which isn't
fixed by reseting the calc.  I was able to fix this by taking out ALL of the
batteries (including the small backup battery) and leaving them out for 8-12
hours.  This gives any charged capacitors time to discharge and wipe out any
electrically stored information.  After doing so my calc worked fine.  You
might give it a try.  Let me know if it works.

Kebes :)