Re: A92: Addressing mode

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Addressing mode

At 14:39 1999-03-29 +0200, you wrote:

> I'm a newbie to 68000 assembler but If I understand
>the 'M68000 Motorola Family Programmer's Reference Manual'
>(68kpm.pdf) correctly there is no addressing mode like
>'(A5,D7.w)' for the 68000. You should look at page 215 for
>the allowed addressing modes for LEA. For the 68000 it is
>allowed only to use constant displacements with address
>registers. The newer processors allow more flexible
>ways to address the memory.

Ummm... really? I see (d16, An) and (d8, An, Xn) clearly in the 68000 table
on page 215.
See pages 49-50 for descriptions of the formats.

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
Random PQF Quote follows:

Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages, and just scream in
another forty-four.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)