A92: Text compression

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Text compression

I know that there are quite a lot of text viewers out there (qview,
xetal, txtsurf) that use text compression through huffman/hufflib.
Some time ago I released a new compression library (shrnklib) that
uses LZ compression with Huffman deflation, the best algorithm ever
implemented for the TI-92 (texts are compressed to about 30-40%,
for example Fargo.txt was compressed from 42806 to 14878 bytes). Is
anybody interested in using that algorithm for text compression. I
will support you with whatever I can and create the PC text compression
program.

							David Kühling