Re: A92: Doorsos: BSS blocks: initialized or not ?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 19:36 1999-03-12 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am wondering if I should add a small loop to DoorsOS so that it sets
>up to zero a memory block allocated in the BSS section of a program.
>
>Could you please give me your input about this ?

It couldn't hurt but it would be non-standard. But then this is a very
small platform.
I mean, it's not like it would take a long time to do when a program is
started, and zero is a very common first value for variables and buffers.

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
Random PQF Quote follows:

Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in
your home.
        -- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Follow-Ups: References: