A92: Fargo Program Launcher II

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Fargo Program Launcher II

I just put the new version of my Fargo Program Launcher (FPL II) to
ticalc.org. This version supports compression in the following way:
	FShrink bd.92p lr.92p tetris.92p -ogamearc.92s
will create a very strongly compressed program archive, named
"gamearc.92s" (program archives are stored in string variables, since
they are very easy to handle).
FPL II will treat that archives like directories. If you press enter
onto a compressed program it will be temporary extracted, exectued and
removed afterwards.
I currently have a game archive on my calc, that is about 50K and
contains about 100K of game programs!

FPL II also supports error redirection (this will keep your calc from
crashing in many situations) and it will realize if a program didn't
freed all memory that it allocated. In that case it will ask the user
for freeing it. (The algorithm for detecting left memory is better than
the one used by FPL 1.00. FPL II won't recoginze memory blocks that are
in use by the file system.)

For those who don't know FPL: FPL was programmed as a replacement for
the default file browser "FBrowser" that is stored under the name
"shell" on your calculator in the main folder. You may rename FPL2 to
shell, making it the program that is executed when you press shift+On.
With its crash protection and the other features like displaying the
required libraries of a program, the crash protection etc. it is very
superior to FBrowser.

I hope that you find it useful.
					David Kühling