A92: TI-GCC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: TI-GCC

Hi, I read recently on this mailing list that some peoples are trying to use
GCC to produce TI92/89 programs. So, I'd like to signal you that I have cross
compiled GCC to produce 68k code while running under Windows (I used cygwin
for that). Plus, I modified it so that the generated code respect the TIOS
conventions. Especially, 'int' have to be 16 bits width, and a function that
return a pointer must return it into a0. This make possible to call
directly TIOS functions.

The most important thing in that was made by Xavier Vassor, the famous author
of Doors : he wrote a linker that is able to generate .89z and .9xz programs !
And I can tell tou that his linker actually works, I have tested it
succesfully !

The result of these two things was called TI-GCC, and you can find it on
ticalc, dim-ti, and the others... This is not a fiction, this is the truth :
thanks to Xav, we can now program our calculators in C !

( I made this annoucement in this list, because ticalc decided not to put a
news about it )

bye

--

    Jean-Baptiste CANAZZI