Re: A92: ASM Help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: ASM Help

Famille SCHERRER wrote:
> Why on earth everybody say that assembly in more difficult than C ??
> Is it more difficult to know 50 operands than around 10 000 Win32 functions ?
Well if you're going to be programming in Win32 you need to know those
"10,000" Win32 functions whether you're programming in C or assembly.
Then with assembly you need to learn those 50 operands on top of that
compared to easy to understand operators. And with assembly you need to
know more about memory management.

Ofcourse if you were programming in dos you wouldn't need to know those
"10,000" Win32 functions. And you can program in dos with C or assembly.

Plus the calculator doesn't have "10,000" Win32 functions and doesn't
even have enough space on it for them.

> With assembly, you can do everything !! Not with other language
> (except if they include inline assembly or objects files compiled with
> an assembler)
There isn't that much more that you can do in assembly than C. Maybe a
bit of optimizing, and a few rarly used flags can be tested. And I'm
sure that PlusC will support inline assembly.
> It is true that programming in assembly often freeze the calc, but
> with a debugger, I don't know where is the problem : once you
> manage to see how works the processor, the memory, the I/O...
> you are able to do evrything, isn't it ?
With a good debugger it will show you were the problem occured in the
program, although I doubt PlusC will be able to easily do that. Maybe if
you included a utility to convert memory addresses into program
addresses you could do it? But if you did that you would have to some
how get where the program is loaded into memory.