Re: A92: Plus C suggestion

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Plus C suggestion

>> However, in whatever flavor you choose, C is a hell of a lot nicer than
>>  assembly. :-)
>Nicer = easier, user friendly
>OR
>Nicer = more powerful, faster

In that case, I meant nicer for the programmer--easier to write and more
fault-tolerant.  With a good compiler, you won't suffer much of a speed
loss, since it turns into assembly language anyway (unlike TI BASIC, which
is interpreted at a huge speed loss).  Assembly is more powerful in the
sense that you can control exactly what's happening in the processor.  C is
more powerful in the sense that you can code more quickly and focus on
difficult tasks and algorithms without managing each individual register
and I/O function.  It's really up to you.  :-)
--Cliff Biffle