Re: A92: Plus C suggestion

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Plus C suggestion

In a message dated 1/10/99 5:54:50 PM Central Standard Time,
cbiffle@safety.net writes:

> >yes, l've never used or even the C language, but l think it's pretty
popular.

>  >l'm guessing it's kind of like Basic?  Anyway l agree with what that guy
>  says,
>  >it would be really good to have a list of what all the functions do and
> their
>  >syntax, kinda like the function listing in the back of your calc manual.
>  It's...sort of like basic.  Sort of.  It's more powerful in the sense that
>  it includes pointers and better memory manipulation and more hardware
>  control (usually), etc. etc.  It's a little harder to get into, IMHO, and
>  it's less tolerant because it's not usually interpreted (so errors are
>  ERRORS, generally you have to trap your own errors using your own code
>  kinda like AS

heh just started programming C++ today.  done a few mandatory "hello world"
programs.  it is MUCH harder than BASIC to get into.  However, already I can
see it is more powerful.  Especially on a PC.  I don't know though, on a calc
it might be kind of limited.  Especially considering on the 92 BASIC can do
lots of GUI stuff (dialogs, toolbars, etc.)

Rob Hornick