Re: A92: Line 1111 Emulator and 32k limit?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Line 1111 Emulator and 32k limit?

>Thanks for your help.
>To solve the problem l took all my sprite code and put it into an .asm file,
>and compiled them both so that the main C program will call the ASM file like
>a library to get its code.  Took a while, but l somehow shaved off 400 bytes
>when the two sizes are added together :)  The main C program is now about 24K

Headers and such, I imagine.
What may have happened is that GCC used too large of a relative jump
vector, it was interpreted as a negative number, and the '92 jumped
backwards into a data area or onto a constant.  Alternatively, it maxed out
the jump vector range and jumped into the constant area at the end of your
program.
--Cliff Biffle

Optimist: This glass is half full.
Pessimist: This glass is half empty.
Cynic: They drank my water.  Figures.
Engineer: The glass should be -half- this size!
Psychoanalyst: The glass is affected by feelings of inadequacy.