Re: A92: RE: A89: Re: Re: Assorted '92 stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: RE: A89: Re: Re: Assorted '92 stuff

>Perhaps the reason TI does this is because there is the possibility that an
>ASM program can delete the operating system from the Flash memory, with no
>way to restore it.

Um...possibly, but I suspect they've write-protected the bootstrapper
section of the Flash (most Flash chips let you write-protect blocks of
about 500 bytes or a K at a time) such that this couldn't happen.  But your
point is a good one--an ASM virus could potentially do very nasty things
that would produce excessive calls for warranty service.
--Cliff Biffle

Optimist: This glass is half full.
Pessimist: This glass is half empty.
Cynic: Those bastards drank half my water on purpose, just to hurt me.

Follow-Ups: References: