A92: Forth and assembly

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Forth and assembly

I have a version of ANS Forth (i.e. the latest version) written in
assembler for the Apple IIGS, 68??? (can't remember what the chip is
anymore - wrote it in '95) which I was seriously considering 'porting'
to the TI-92+ - there are a number of issues that would need to be
ironed out; however, the majority  of the assembly is fairly generic and
with some obvious modification would work fine. I would love a Forth
interpreter on the TI-92 and it would be a great way to test assembled
code if that was what one wanted to do.

If somebody wants to dive in and do it sooner (I have little time
available), I could certainly make a somewhat commented listing
availiable; I won't guarantee the speed of some of the routines since
this was one of my first attempts in GS assembly, but it was relatively
bug free. Amusingly enough some of this was 'ported' from x86 assembly.

Ed Wall