Re: A92: random number

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: random number

Robert Caldwell schrieb:

> {{Thank you for your help, but I didn't mean that exactly. I wanted to
> know an
> algorithm to generate random numbers, for example with a pen and a sheet
> of
> paper, and then how to code this algorithm in assembly for Fargo. Thanx.
> MP}}
>

> I have the formulas to calculate the two seed numbers, but I could never
> figure out how to get from the 2 seed numbers to the random number.  So,
> if anyone knows how to do this I would appreciate the algorithm, also.

Take two integers c and m both positive and a third one: z0. Get z1 = c*z0 mod m
and so on replacing z0 by z1 by z2.... zi/m can be used as a pseudo random
number between 0 and 1, taken from "Taschenbuch der Mathematik", Bronstein,
Semendjajew
if you take c= 1993 , m=12893 ,z0=17 you get z1=8095(rand:0.62786), z2=8685...
	A.K.