A92: Re: Compiling and Linking on Amiga - II

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Re: Compiling and Linking on Amiga - II

>No - it can't compile anything !
>Before i wrote to the assembly-92 mailing list I have tried to compile
>fargoII-sources with various assemblers (Asm-OneV1.xx and Pro, SEKA,
DEVPAC,
>A68k, Asm68, Phoenix,..). None of these assemblers were able to handle
"::"
>and "@" in label names. This is what I mean !
>Asm-One(and Pro) also can't define any indefined label as an 'xref' and if
>you have defined it manually the assemblers did't get along with this
>because of whatever!

It is obvious that a68k assembler will not compile under any other
assembler.  That's why it is A68K ASSEMBLER.  And actually, we aren't
using "normal" a68k.  David updated a68k to provide Fargo support...
I'm guessing the extra symbols (i.e. :: and @).  Since David did the
relocation stuff in Fargo, the object code needs to have this info
properly done.  The @ automatically handles it.  If you want to use
another assembler, you first need to figure out the formatting of
that assembler.  I figure most assemblers follow a common basic
structure.  But I could be wrong...

Without a port of David's updated port of the AmigaDOS A68k Assembler,
you will have a very HARD time compiling ANY FargoII source.  (It's
funny that you need a port of a program ported from the same platform
you are wanted the port to.)  :)