Re: A92: MultiASM -- Web Site Grand Opening!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: MultiASM -- Web Site Grand Opening!

>what's MultiASM?

I'm sorry.  I thought everyone knew what it was when
I made my original post about a week ago.

MultiASM is a program that allows programmers to use
multiple modules when building an application.  When
you have more than one source file, I feel that you
can find things more easily.  MultiASM currently has
the following features:

    * Number of inputs limited only by free disk/memory
    * LFN (long-filename) support
    * List files to reference groups of input files
    * Directives to:
        - Control the appearence of code sections
        - Allow custom building of applications

This example would allow the programmer to compile
the application as a program or library:

    ;#ifdef MAKEPROGRAM

        xdef _main
        xdef _comment

    ;#else
    ;#  ifdef MAKELIBRARY

        xdef _library
        xdef ????@0000
        xdef ????@????

    ;#  else
    ;#  assert You must define either MAKEPROGRAM or MAKELIBRARY
    ;#  endif
    ;#endif

You would put this as the first file in the inputs.
When you run MultiASM, you can specify "defines" via
the command-line interface.  If you define MAKEPROGRAM
or MAKELIBRARY, the application will contain the
proper information for programs or libraries.  If
you did not define anything, the ;#assert directive
will cause MultiASM to break, displaying the text
after it.

I have posted this here in A92, as I only have the
TI-92 and only program 68k.  I was thinking, and I
realized that even Z80 programmers could use this.
I am not doing anything "special" to the code so
you could even use this for ANYTHING.  I'll fix the
code and make sure that it works.  The next version
will contain a broader usage.

In case you have deleted the other emails, here is
the URL to the simple web site I threw on the net:

http://www.inlink.com/~mozart/MultiASM/

====
Aaron Hill (Redmond, WA)
E-mail: SeracOhw24@msn.com