A92: MultiASM v1.2 -- Multiple Module Support for A68K

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: MultiASM v1.2 -- Multiple Module Support for A68K

Hey friends in programming,

I have uploaded to ticalc.org a program that, IMHO, will help
almost all of you who are developing large programs.  Not to
leave out those who only do "small" programs.  The tool allows
the programmer to split up their project into MULTIPLE source
files.  MultiASM will combine them into one file that can then
be compiled.  Here is a list of features:

    * Number of inputs limited only by free disk/memory
    * LFN (long-filename) support
    * List files to reference groups of input files
    * Directives to:
        - Keep sections of code from appearing only once
        - Allow custom building of programs...

Here is an example of a file that could be compiled as either
a program or a library:

    ;#ifdef MAKEPROGRAM

        xdef _main
        xdef _comment

    ;#else
    ;#  ifdef MAKELIBRARY

        xdef _library
        xdef ????@0000
        xdef ????@????

    ;#  else
    ;#  assert You must define either MAKEPROGRAM or MAKELIBRARY
    ;#  endif
    ;#endif

You would put this as the first file in the inputs.  You can
specify "defines" via the command-line.  So you could compile
a program or library via command-line.  The ;#assert will only
happen if MAKEPROGRAM and MAKELIBRARY are undefined.  MultiASM
will break at the assert and display the text shown.

I hope that you all will enjoy what this program can do.  Even if
you only use it for the directives... I'll improve it for only
that if need be.  :)

Look for it to appear on ticalc.org.  I'll try to get a webpage
together to allow for easier d/l while ticalc.org is processing
the request.

====
Aaron Hill (Redmond, WA)
E-mail: SeracOhw24@msn.com