Re: A92: Re: Real-time Syntax Highlighting Editor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 17:16 08/11/98 -0800, you wrote:

>> Hy,
>>
>>I am making a real-time syntax highlighting editor for
>>Fargo Program Editor v2.0 under Win32.
>>
>>The functions for drawing the formatted text are finished
>>and very fast. (I even think I will convert them to asm)
>>The only problem is that now I have to make the editor
>>component, with scrolling, selection, tab, ....  and thousands
>>of other features.
>>I would like to know if someone had the source code of such a text
>>editor under Win32. I really NEED one ! So if you have one,
>>could you mail me ? and we could make a small team for
>>building the real-time Syntax Highlightin editor.
>>Or do you have any WEB adress where I could find it ?
>>
>>It would be SO WONDERFUL !! If we have
>>a simple text editor, I could very easly add my
>>powerful real-time Syntax Highlighting functions.
>

>There is a piece of code called CodeMax.  POV-Ray's editor uses
>it.  It allows you to syntax hilight basically anything.  It
>must have built-in support for C/C++, BASIC, HTML, etc because
>the POV-Ray editor allows you to change to those modes.  But
>POV-Ray also implimented their LANGUAGE.  I'd see no problem
>looking into this.  You can STILL use FPE but with the syntax
>hilighting...
>
>====
>Aaron Hill (Redmond, WA)
>E-Mail: SeracOhw24@msn.com
>IRC-Nick: Serac (EF-Net) (was SeracOhw)

Thanks a lot !
Do you know where I could find the source code of CodeMax?
In fact I am just looking for a editor source. I already made
the syntax hilighting functions, and they work very very well.
(and fast i think).
So what I would like is to mix CodeMax or an other text editor and
my functions...
Or the other solution would be to use Ultra Edit, like said Mikkel
Skovgaard...

thanks again.
Benoit