Re: A92: Re: Archive and resetting

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Christophe GIAUME wrote:

> i have a 92+ and i can say u that when the calculator crashes, the whole memory
> (including archive memory) is resetted!!!

This should make everybody ask the question: what's the point of a
"permanent memory" that is reset when the calc is reset? I know, I know,
ROM updates and all that, but a little "harddrive" would sure be
useful... perhaps they will release a ROM patch to solve this *BIG*
problem... or is the reset function "hardware-coded"? David? Anyone?

Note: TI seems to have updates their FAQ about the plus module (although
I haven't been there for quite some time) and it clearly states:

Q: Is user data archive memory erased by reset?
A: Reset affects the user data archive memory just like it does RAM. All
data stored in the TI-92 Plus will be erased when
you reset the unit (with either the Memory, F1, Reset or the Lock + 2nd
+ On key sequences).

Too bad... could have been fun with stuff like an on-calc assembler and
suchlike :)

BTW, I just sent a letter to TI asking for the reason for this... I just
hope they don't send a short reply like "yes" :(

Follow-Ups: References: