A92: game genie

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: game genie

For a survey, who here would like to see a Game Genie that really works
on the TI-92.  For the first set of codes it could be:
phoenix-infinite hit points
       -all weapons
       -double money
or for the people who think they can beat phoenix no matter what, the
hard things:
phoenix-half defense
       -half offense
       -$0 money at all times
In fact, I don't even care about giving away code (you're going to see
it anyway)...here's a clip:

(a0 contains offset location in file to change, this is done by asking
the user what program to run, and then using a filefinder to store the
location in a0, a1 contains the location of file, this is the actual
first two bytes of a hex code in gamegenie, if you had AE7822 then AE78
would be a1, d0 contains the byte to change it to, this would be the
third byte in the gamegenie code, if you had AE7822 then 22 would be d0

 for now it can only change 1 byte, but later it'll be many
 if someone else wants to take over this project they can,
 I really don't have the motivation)

mov a1,a2
add a0,a2
push (a2)
push a2
mov d0,(a2)
jsr a1   ;make sure that the program ends with a rts, so that the
          program doesn't stay altered
pop a2
pop d0
mov d0,(a2)
rts

I don't even know if this is feasable (spelling?), but it's worth a try,
I figured since in phoenix there must be numbers like DEC D0 where D0 is
the shields in phoenix (using this as an example), then a NOP in the
location of DEC D0 will make you have infinite shields.  You would need
to look at the hex-source to see the actual location of what to change,
but that's not a problem (they already do that for real GameGenies).

I envision a console that looks like this:

Code:000000
[add][remove][play]

Let's say you wanted the code I mentioned before, you would put the name
of the program to run, put a 6 digit code and go down to [add] (a button
or something) and press enter, the box appears again and looks like the
following:

Game:phoenix_
Code:000000
[add][remove][play]