Re: A92: Business as usual

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Business as usual

Anton Ivanov wrote:

> Can someone give me practical hints on how to make an event happen
> periodically (ex: blinking cursor).

Use an interrupt. There are texts on ticalc.org about this.

> And still no one has answered my question about the legal ways to access
> BSS vars.
> In particular, how can I make a0 point to the first byte of data_table
> if data_table is in the BSS section?

Variables are accessed as usual, with two differences:
 1) They are not guaranteed to hold the same values as when you last
quit the program, and they are not initialized in any way.
 2) They don't have a constant adress relative to the program, meaning
you can't use "lea xxx(pc),a0". Simply use "move.l #xxx,a0" instead.