A92: some fargo questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: some fargo questions

i have some questions pertaining to fargo and the ti-92's memory:

where's the location (or vector pointing to) video memory?  what i mean
by this is, is there a set location in memory where video memory is
"bitmapped" or a vector to point to a location, and if so where?  (i'm
hoping it's a vector so i can easily change it to another bitmap quickly
instead of rewriting the same memory)

is there a flag or byte that corresponds to the menu bar that when set
or reset will get rid of it totally (i've seen it done on some
grayscales)?

is there a flag or byte that corresponds to the status bar and
everything in the lower region of the screen so that you can write
messages in it or when set/reset it will get rid of it totally (same as
above)?

i don't fully understand the $600000 (lower someide bits) stuff, could
someone help me with this? (the location where it's I/O or something)

where are the vectors that point to ti-basic codes?  what i mean by this
is, let's say i wanted (in basic) to have "disp 2" where's the vector
pointer for "disp" (if any exist).

how do i create variables in fargo that when exiting a fargo program it
still remains on memory, and also can be read from basic programs?  for
example, i want jack=1, how would i tell the calculator i have a
variable, it's location is somewhere, it's name is jack, and it equals
1?  is there a datatype variable so i can use numbers, functions, data,
etc.?  (this is a big question i assume, so take your time)

i've downloaded the files from ticalc.org and i've unzipped fargo2 and
read all of it, i still haven't seen a file that has a list of variables
that a68k understands.  could someone tell me the list of variables that
a68k replaces with the correct values, for example is there a _video_mem
var that when compiled it'll just put the location instead?  and if
possible the list of variables that are added to a68k when files are
included?  (i reread this paragraph and i confuse myself, so if any of
you are confused just say so and i'll reexplain)

please don't try and answer all of these at once, if you know just one
of the questions just answer that question and leave the rest blank or
something.  these are all the questions i have at this time.

i'm sorry again for my rudeness of the other day and thanks.

-Rob