Re: A92: Geometry

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Geometry

I find geometry very useful.  It has enabled me to solve many a problem, most of them extra-credit!  Has anyone here tried the three logs problem?  I don't know how many pages of paper I wasted doing sketches, but then I said, hey, I should use that geometry program on my 92, and when I made a construction, I saw the angle I wasn't seeing that was basically the key.  When you sketch by hand, you often either miss something , or start seeing something that just isn't there.  Yes, it does take up a lot of mem (I made a macro once to construct the Koch curve and it ran out of mem on the fourth generation or so), and it can be a little slow, but hey you're getting a free geometry program, and its in the ROM so it does not need any memory unless you run it!
By the way, what kind of a dumb idea is that? (removing it with a backup..)  It's in the ROM!

 But overall, it's a pretty cool feature.  I think somebody said that the Plus module will not have it.  It will, and it will be in five languages!  (So you can impress chicks with your knoweledge of geometrical terms en espanol)   With the extra memory, it will run much better, and you'll be able to do a lot of neat stuff with it!

Will Shaver wrote:

So, has anyone out there ever used the Geometry function on the 92? I
have had mine for almost 3 years, and never have used it for over 3
minutes. If noone uses it, is it possible to remove it, by way of
writing a backup without it, and replace it with Fargo II?

Just an Idea, but I think it would be cool to have that extra room on
the calc -- then again it might not even be possible hardwhere wise,
guess I need to learn some more ehh?

            -Will Shaver
            [Author of Ti-92 BASIC games sr2.zip and stratega.zip]