Re: A92: sorry about 'what's wrong'

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Robert Caldwell wrote:

> i'm sorry i overreacted, i always do that.  yes i never use caps because
> it takes time for me to hold the shift key, without holding it i can get
> things done a lot quicker (it's not like i have all the time in the
> world), so i'd appreciate not hearing how stupid i am for not using the
> shift key.
>
> about why i overreacted...i hate being inferior, i keep reading "is this
> code correct" and not knowing where the jumps are going, it bothers me,
> it makes me feel bad that i can't help someone on something i've known
> since i was 10.  i hope you guys/girls (if any) will forgive me for the
> rudeness and being a complete ass abot the whole thing.

I hope you in the future you would calm down before going near anything with
electricity.

> i don't like
> looking around on the web for something i have on my computer and still
> don't understand.  i've tried to use a68k and it didn't work, so instead
> of figuring it out i'm trying to find help.

1) Web is a great resource of information, what are you lashing out at?2)
David patched a68k to work specifically with Fargo II.  But he even included
a batch file to automatically compile and link programs!  If you set up
fargo right, typing "fargo myprog"    wherever your program file myprog.asm
is will compile it and convert it to a .92p file.  No effort on your part
required, except perhaps for writing the program.
3) Try to attempt to figure something out before you ask others; you might
save yourself a lot of embarrassment

> -Rob
>
> p.s.  i still haven't found any opcodes for 68k programming.

Opcodes are numbers that the processor interprets as instructions.  Unless
you are writing a debugger, I don't see why you care about them so much.  In
case you really want to know, you can make a program with any instructions
you like and load it into a debugger such as db92.  Alternatively, you can
find a technical reference on the 68k processor.

I have a sneaking suspicion, however, that what you are talking about is
"mnemonics".
Things like jsr's and cmp's, etc.  Jimmy Mardell put out an good reference,
you can find it at ticalc.org/pub/92/text or something of that sort.