Re: A92: what's wrong?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: what's wrong?

> and the second is i tried
> contacting the so-called founder (at least from what i've heard) of
> fargo (david ellsworth or however you spell his name).
>
> david seems to not want to answer me AT ALL even after i told him that i
> would give him all the credit, now i don't want the answers to the
> questions i asked him.  the problem i'm having is that fargo is stupid,
> it causes too many errors and it's (1) not fully functioned properly and
> (2) spread out in many files (like tasm to compile and fargo to link--I
> HATE THAT).
>
> why not make a ti-92 emulator, an editor like qbasic to put asm inside
> the ti-92 emulator for debugging, and on a menu have run/compile and
> have it create the file...can't you figure out a way to make a program
> run asm without having to backup files and crap...isn't there like a
> program header to tell it that it's part of rom or something to "trick"
> the calculator in thinking that it's a "catalog-command."  some people
> just don't think of these things or something.  i'm about fed up with
> everyone and everything, it seems that the ti-company is being not only
> selfish but greedy.  i used to like the ti-company for their "group
> effort" in creating great stuff, but this is rediculous when we can't
> even get straight forward answers (serious ones at that).
>
> my question to david ellsworth was simple (if he actually came up with
> the fargo program), it was "what are the opcodes for the mnemonics?"  by
> this question i mean ADC B,C is a mnemonic, and in computer terms there
> is a couple of "symbols" that represent this command, and all the other
> mnemonic commands.  if he indeed created the fargo program then he
> should know this in order to create the linking process.
>
> yes, it may take him awhile to get the file ready to upload, but he
> could have at least told me that.  i hate the style that ti-company
> placed all it's stuff.  i can't believe how stupid the setup was, i'd
> like to see the guy face-to-face that made the ti-92 rom/ram format, so
> i could tell him how stupid he was.  i'm afraid david ellsworth won't
> give out these codes because he might be afraid that someone would make
> a disassembler and take other people's "precious" crap.

    Look man, no one on this list needs your mouth or your problems.  You
obviously havn't read the docs or visited www.ticalc.org, half the stuff you're
asking is already well documented in the on-line FAQs, fargo docs, or beginners
guides (what's an opcode?  come on!)  You're trying to tell me you have better
methods for setting up fargo and the TI-Calc operating system and memory map
and you can't even find the shift key on your key board!
    There are hundreds of dissassemblers, and as many assemblers, at least two
emulators for the TI-92, and uncountable numbers for the 68000 chip.  If you
want to reinvent the wheel, I'll be happy to attach a new model to my programs,
but Fargo is an elegant and well thought out interface.  It deserves better
respect than your attitude.

--Bryan
bcturner@eos.ncsu.edu