Re: A92: 92 external kbd

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: 92 external kbd

Ritchie Argue wrote:

> >To attach an external keyboard, you would most likely have to build and
> >adaptor and write a driver for it.  In the driver is where you should
> >remap the keys.  BTW, it would be great if the user could change which
> >keys do what.  Yes, TSRs can be done on the TI-92.  Personally, with
> >enough information about the keyboard and linkport, I don't think it
> >would be too hard to make something like this.
> >--
>
> >>Does anyone know if you can input characters other than the ASCII set into
> >>the 92?  I wan't to make an external keyboard adaptor, and I know that you
> >>can send the ascii for "a" for instance, and an "a" will pop up wherever
> >>your cursor is.  But can you send something to make the 92 think that 2nd,
> >>or one of the Fkeys has been pressed?  If not, is it possible to write a
> >>small tsr for fargo that checks for this, and then does it for us?
> >>
> >>Ritchie

I'm not quite sure, but isn't it unneccesary, to write a driver, because the
TI-92 is capeable of a remote-controll - mode, that does all this for you?
Perhaps you just have to send the keycodes, as documented in the TI-92's
manual? (of course, just 2nd can't be send, only combinations such as
2nd+F1...)

Follow-Ups: References: