Re: A92: Favorite Game vote

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Favorite Game vote

Mikkel Sĝrensen wrote:

> >Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 08:47:45 +0200
> >From: "David Kühling" <dkuehlin@hell1og.be.schule.de>
> >To: assembly-92@lists.ticalc.org
> >Subject: Re: A92: Favorite Game vote
> >
> >Mikkel Sĝrensen wrote:
> >
> >> As planned here are the results of the "What's your favorite Fargo
> >> game?" voting booth, sorry for the text layout, but i didn't want to
> >> send it in html. I might do the next time if you guys want it?
> >>
> >> Please visit my sponsor, they help keep my expences down at
> FargoFiles
> >>
> >> http://www.eads.com/ads/pageserv.pl?softfree0102.cfg,CN17097
> >>
> >>                           Votes    | Choice
> >> -----------------------------------+---------------------------------
> >>                           7        | Phoenix
> >>                           5        | Jezzball
> >>                           4        | Supercar
> >>                           4        | Tetris
> >>                           3        | SameGame
> >>                           3        | Sorbo's Quest
> >>                           2        | Falldown
> >>                           2        | MXM AirFights
> >>                           2        | Rusty's Ult. Solitaire
> >>                           2        | TIwolf
> >>                           2        | Tunnel
> >>                           1        | Bingo
> >>                           1        | Boulderdash
> >>                           1        | DragoN III
> >>                           1        | Dungeon 3D
> >>                           1        | Dyna'92 2
> >>                           1        | FInvaders
> >>                           1        | Minesweeper
> >>                           1        | MXMfall
> >>                           1        | Nibbles
> >>                           1        | Pacman
> >>                           1        | Sprint
> >>                           1        | Tinx 2
> >>                           1        | Tron
> >>                           1        | Tunnl
> >>                           1        | World in 3D
> >>

> >Now, when I see this, I remember, that a lot of these programms don't
> >run on
> >256K TI-92 of TI-92 +, due to the direct keyboard matrix access. Even
> >Boulder Dash (that I think is the best of all games that run on my 256K
> >calc)
> >has sometimes problems, that it switches the contrast, when I press the
> >left arrow
> >key. Please anyone of you who programms: Use
> >
> >move.l (a7), (a7)
> >move.l (a7), (a7)
> >
> >to pause after you accessed the keyboard matrix. This is the minimum
> >delay, that
> >doesn't cause any trouble.
> >
> >        David Kühling
> >

> I know about the TI92+/II problem but I have no business with the listed
> programs,

I didn't meant it in this way. I just wanted to remember everyone, that the
statisticscould be a little bit influenced by this, and that all programmers
who read this take a
little care about it. It's sometimes really nerving, to have very nice
games, that abort
after about a minute, because they "thought" I pressed 'q' or Esc.
Another problem, that appeared in some game, where I had to move a ball
through
bars with holes in them (I forgot its name) was, that it run very fast on my
calc, but the
keyboard repitition rate was as slow as normal. - so I had a slower control
and a faster
ball :-[.
If I have much time, I will perhaps make a real game library, with
possibilities of
getting keypresses, through an array, that represents the keyboard matrix,
and which
is updated by a timer interrupt handler. So interrupts can be switched on
when it runs, and
I can make it compatible, so that it will even run on boosted calcs (that
should have
the same problem like 256K TI-92s)

> I just have a TI92(+/II) fargo sited where I have a vooting
> booth for favorite program. I have an agreement with Bryan R.(the adm.
> of this mail list)that I post the result every month, so the list
> members can keep up to date, but why don't you go visit my site for more
> information:

I'll do so, as soon as I can get internet access.