Re: A92: Windows 98 and parallel link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 11:55 1998-07-24 +0200, you wrote:

>>At 20:10 1998-07-22 +0200, you wrote:
>>>
>>>I have installed Windows 98 on my computer and now my parallel link
>>>doesn't work at all with all link softwares (and even in MSDOS Mode).
>>>
>>>Did anyone make work the parallel cable with Windows 98 ?
>>
>>Works fine here... FLink, WinLink92, W32Tran8x...
>>
>What are your drviers version and setting ?

The standard driver that came with Win98 (4.10.1998). One port is the
internal one on my Abit AX5 mainboard, and it is set to ECP. The other one
is on an external ISA card and I think it's also set to ECP.

Did you change any port settings inside your link programs when you
installed then under Win95? Remember that LPT1 is not fixed, but f.x. FLink
chooses it anways no matter what adress it has.

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

"I thought jet planes were just trucks with more wings and less wheels."
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Wings)