RE:A92: Compression program, message to Doors Team, to Xetal's author &

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE:A92: Compression program, message to Doors Team, to Xetal's author & to David Ellsworth

I also made a compression function for the TI92 with
LZW algorithm. I never released it yet because I have
to make the compress file functions, and I don't have time
to. Moreover I think it is slower that your library !! ;-(
(the LZW algorithm use a dictionnary and it VERY slow)

But I think I will quickly fisnish it (after I come back from
holidays : I leave in some days..) to see the difference.
(lzw is often better than huffman, but really slower. and the
extract function is also very slow ;-(  )

Could I use your library for making a plug-in for PCTools98 ?
If you are interested in, I have a lot of ideas for the
files formats.

bye
Benoit SCHERRER

( BTW, I released some days ago the Unofficial XeTal Editor for Win32.
If you find bugs, contact me ! thanks.)