A92: Compression program, message to Doors Team, to Xetal's author & to

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Compression program, message to Doors Team, to Xetal's author & to David Ellsworth

Hi,

Firstly, I wanted to announce the alpha release of my compression prog.
Its name is "compress" ( it's very original ! ), and it allows to
compress any file on your TI92. It uses Huffman compression method.
Its only problem is that it is quite slow but it isn't finished yet (
only 400 B/s for compression).
In fact, I need your help to find any bug I could have forgot and to
give me suggestions.
Read the included text files, it will tell you everything I think
You can download the alpha version at :
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8138/compress.zip

Then, I have a small message for Doors Team :
Are they interested in incorporating my compressor in their shell ?
What is the better format for compressed files ( DATA, STR, ... ) and
the archive structure ?
note : if anyone, not only Doors Team, has suggestions about the
compressed file format, just send me an e-mail.

Then, a small one for Xetal's author :
Could you please make Xetal compatible with compressed text compressed
with my prog, and perhaps even text includin compressed pictures
compressed with my prog ?

And, finally, a message to David Ellsworth :
There seems to have a little bug with the tios::ER_throw MACRO.
In fact, when it is executed, it seems to "eat some RAM memory".
When you look at free mem, execute for example "testfunc" with a wrong
argument ( which will generate an error ) the ER_throw MACRO works fine,
but after that looking et free mem, you see that more than 100 B have
disappeared ( perhaps an handle not closed). Is it a bug or not ?

Thank you all for reading this mail

Marc Teyssier

P.S. : My email has changed, please notify :)