Re: A92: Non-wrapping text?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Non-wrapping text?

> > > Is there any way to use the TI-92:s built-in text output functions
> > > without
> > > wrapping? It looks kinda ugly...
> > >
> > My idea about this would be, to program an own DrawStrXY function, using
> > the DrawCharXY function,
> > or using the character table in the TI-92's ROM (I think, it's address
> > can be got by the tios-pseudolib)
>
> That would work, but it would be *very* slow. I think the TI-OS must be
> able to do this somehow - just look at the history of the main screen
> when you input something long enough.

   If you use a function to draw the characters from ROM, and a little counter
to make sure the text doesn't draw off the edge of the screen, it would be
remarkably fast.  Then you could scroll the line by incrementing the text
pointer by one char and reprinting the line, scroll back by decrementing.
 Then, never allow the pointer to decrement further back than the beginning of
the string, and never allow it to increment more than ScreenCharWidth from the
end.  If you wanna get fancy, after drawing the string on the screen, if the
string pointer is not at the beginning, print a <- at the front, and if the
string extends beyond the edge of the screen, print a ->.

   I'm sure the function is probably in ROM somewhere, try searching for the <-
and -> symbols in ROM.  Then disassembling in that area.

--Bryan
bcturner@eos.ncsu.edu

Follow-Ups: References: