re:A92: Q's...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re:A92: Q's...

At 3:21 AM on 1/24/98, BoboPack wrote:

> I got a few questions...
>
> 1) I tried all the backups...I can't seem to find out what I'm doing wrong,
> but when I go in the fbrowser and try to run a program in fargo II the screen
> just blinks, no msg nothing.This happens whenever I try to run a program,
> anyone know what I'm going wrong ?

In addition to putting fargo on a backup, then installing that backup on
your calculator, you need to have the program shell.92p and also
romlib.92p. (You are trying fargo I, because fargo II doesn't flash the
screen, I don't think)  If you put on a backup of fargo, and then put on
the required programs and libraries, it should run fine.

> 2) What is the difference between an internal and external ROM version, how do
> you know which one you have ?

You can check to see if your ROM is internal or external by opening up the
battery cover on your 92.  If you see a plastic cover over where the wiring
would be, it is external.  If you see the wiring itself, it is internal.
However, it sounds like you have the correct backup, because it did install
properly (probably at least, because you got to the point where you could
flash the screen).

> 3) Why does it say pre-installed fargo backups when you still have to transfer
> all the libs and shell to your 92 ?

the backups have the fargo core pre-installed on them.  They are just clean
backups that putfarg (or whatever it's called -- i use a mac) has been run
on.  If you don't like it, make your own backup with whatever you want on
it.