Re: A92: FileLib Status

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: FileLib Status

At 06:41 PM 1/17/98 +0100, you wrote:

>	Well,
>
>My filelib library should be released in some days (or the next week end ?).
>I wasn't able to continue it because there wasn't db92 for Fargo II. But
now I finished all the functions, and I have to test them.

>* They are :
>copy_file
>move_file
>rename_file
>rename_folder
>delete_file
>delete_folder
>create_file
>create_folder

Please do not release this library quite yet. You see, though it may seem
stable, it has the potential of crashing the calc. It does things that may
manipulate and resize memory on the heap that is located below the
currently running program.

I am working on Fargo 0.3.0, a major upgrade version that will have static
memory copying (for TSR support and safe heap manipulation), overlays (so
that only the minimum amount of code needs to be copied to static mem), and
built-in support for decompression.

Of course, once I finish 0.3.0, I will put all the ROM symbol routines
(such as AddSymToFolder and SymDel) into the tios pseudolibrary; however I
do not currently know what all of them do, so I suppose for a while a
FileLib would still be useful, until I figure out and document all the ROM
symbol routines.

But for now, until I release 0.3.0, a FileLib cannot be guaranteed to be
stable. If you feel this does not justify delaying its release, that's your
own choice. But if I were you, I'd wait for 0.3.0.

---
David Ellsworth
davidell@earthling.net
IRC: eXocomp