A92: getting a ROM-dump

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: getting a ROM-dump

I think some of you had some problems, in getting a ROM-dump. Me too!
But I was able to solve my problems this weekend. There were the
following
errors:
 * my terminal program (norton terminal, incuded with norton commander
5.00)
    wasn't able to receive anything under windows'95 (so I had to boot
in DOS-
    mode)
* I received a raw-romdump. But my terminal program wasn't able to work
with this
   very good: at the begin of the dump there was a $FC, that had to be
removed, and
   all $0A where "converted" by my terminal program to $0D0A (I changed
this back
   with my hex-editor)
* the program for sending an ASCII romdump (romdump 2?) had something
like a bug,
   because it sended the hole memory from $200000 to $4FFFFF, that are
3MB. Which
   emulator wants to work with a 3MB-romdump? (I tried to cut it on the
right size, but
   for some reasons I don't know, this didn't work)