Re: A92: Fwd: Adress error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Fwd: Adress error

At 22:55 1998-01-11 -0500, you wrote:

>Someone on irc (I think bryan) was having problems with address
>errors also.  He said that if he compiled it using the dos version
>it would compile fine but cause an address error, but if he used
>the linux version, it would work fine.  Maybe you can get someone
>to compile it in linux and send it to you.  David Ellsworth, if you're
>reading this (and I sure hope you are), you should check into this.
>     Daniel Plaisted
>     -dsplaisted@bigfoot.com

I'm getting weird results here, too. After a certain amount of compilation
in a DOS box, one of the programs in Fargo.bat (probably flinker) starts
giving a strange error. Also, if I'm using my modem when compiling, I
*always* get an "Illegal instruction" error when starting the program in
Fargo. It may not be the modem, but it's just something I noticed...

>On Mon, 12 Jan 1998 03:23:23 +0100 Niklas Brunlid <e96nbr@efd.lth.se>
>writes:
>>

>>>From: Oscar Lindberg <f96osli@dd.chalmers.se>
>>
>>>---
>>>  I got a -address error- in my program today. As I tried to find where
>it
>>>came from, I renmoved line after line of the program. At last this was
>>>what I had left :). And it still gives me an -address error-!
>>>  I have rom v1.12 and I used the stuff from fargo v0.2.0.3.
>>>--
>>>gray.asm:
>>>
>>> include "tios.h"
>>> include "flib.h"
>>> include "gray7lib.h"
>>> xdef _main
>>> xdef _comment
>>>
>>>_main
>>> jsr gray7lib::on
>>> jsr flib::idle_loop
>>> jsr gray7lib::off
>>> rts
>>>
>>>_comment
>>> dc.b "The gray7lib error"
>>> end
>>>--

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today,
is: "Why is it so dark in here?"
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Pyramids)

Follow-Ups: References: