Re: A92: suggestions : FARGO 2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: suggestions : FARGO 2

At 21:35 1998-01-10 +0100, you wrote:

>First, thanks a lot to David Ellsworth for releasing Fargo 2.
>I know it is only an alpha version. So I have some suggestions :
>
>THE FARGO2 TOOLKIT :
>-------------------------------
>* 'include' & 'lib' folder like in Fargo 1.x.

That's not too hard to add yourself, though it would be nice to have it
ready instantly.

>* A different extension for lib include files, like '.lib' for example

If the libraries are in a separate folder that's not necessary. I like
having the same format for everything.

>FARGO II PROGRAMS
>----------------------------
>* It is more difficult to make a fargo program. But with time, we should
get used to making fargo 2 programs...
>* The programs are REALLY bigger than Fargo 1.x. I started to convert
PCT98 v0.25b : it was 2380 and now it is 2457. Why ? Because of
tios::lcd_mem, tios::kbvars... ?

TINX 2 actually got a bit smaller. :-)

>Moreover pct98 for Fargo 2 currently crashed. (with a random error :
illegal instruction, address error...) I may have forgot something...

Probably when looking for a variable with FindSymEntry, I had problems with
that one... mail me if you need any help.

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

"Messin' around with girls in thrall to Creatures from the Void never works
out, take my word for it."
        -- Gaspode gives Victor some practical advice
           (Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures)