A92: Compatability with 256K TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Compatability with 256K TI-92

I found out another reason, why programs, programed for "normal" TI-92s,
don't
work with 256K TI-92. If these programs read the keyboard-matrix
manualy, they
have to wait some NOPs, to let the hardware answer. At a 256K TI-92,
which is
twice as fast, this delay could perhaps be too short. (I figured out,
that 4 NOPs are
neccessary for a 256K TI-92.) (I think, that's why my 256K-patched
zorbo.92p
didn't work at my TI-92 correctly.) if you don't wont to waste so much
mem for these NOPs (4 NOPs are 8 byte), use something like move.l (a7),
(a7), or exg.l d1, d1..., this takes more time.