A92: The un-resettable TI-92... ;-(

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: The un-resettable TI-92... ;-(

This must be a first: I can't reset my TI-92! At all!

Whenever I try to transfer a backup with FLink the calc locks up when it's
supposed to reset... so I reset it by taking out a battery, and it does the
same thing the next time.
Now, here's the problem: If I press 2nd-Lock-ON, it *also* locks up the calc.

I went as far as taking out all batteries (including the memory one) and
the ROM-module and leaving it for a few minutes, but it still locks up when
it's supposed to reset.

Oh, and holding down "(-)" and ")" when putting in a battery didn't help
either.

Is the reset function a hardware thing? It seems likely...

** UPDATE **
After waiting for half an hour (with everything in) it now seems to work
again. I now believe it to be the batteries, since if I fill the screen
with every other pixel it dimms down to next to nothing... I can still
increase the contrast to total blueness though. Maybe the LCD gets most of
the power in the calc?

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

They drove back through the dawn, while the cassette player played J. S.
Bach's Mass in B Minor, vocals by F. Mercury.
        -- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)