Re: A92: BBS software

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: BBS software

>>I can only assume you have a strange idea of what a BBS-program is.
>
>I assume that you don't know that I operate a FirstClass 2.7/3.5,
>TeleFinder 4.05/5.12, and WildCat 5 systems...

Impressive... You'll have to give me your phone number. :)

>>A BBS-program is a program that handles incoming call from one or
>>more callers, lets them write mail, download files etc. It's
>>usually online 24h/day.
>
>What about dial up networking for when I release my TCP/IP stack?  What
>about the satisfaction of doing what hasn't been done yet?  I see nothing
>wrong with a hobby.

TCP/IP stack?!  Do you know how big that is?  You may have to wait for
TI-92+ or implement only on the TI-92 II.  Oh well, have fun creating it.
Please let me know when you have it done.  I've thought about doing the
TCP/IP myself, but I got sidetracked with my current project.

By the way, don't stop this project just because other people don't find it
interesting or possible.  To quote Jonas Minnberg, "Are you kidding? A
BBS-program for a calculator? Whats the point?!"  What's the point for any
of the stuff we do on these calculators?

In short, JUST DO IT.  (my apologies to Nike)

PS: Jonas, I merely quoted.  No personal attack was intended.

====
Aaron Hill (mozart@inlink.com)
IRC EF-NET: SeracOhw