A92: Re: Basic -- 3Dstudio

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Re: Basic -- 3Dstudio

>While finishing up SimTown, l was also beginning work on a sort of 3D program
>which can take data and rotate it and move it so that it can be viewed from
>different angles.  This would be good for Basic games that want to have 3D
>perspectives, but for authors who don't want to have to redraw pictures in
>different views that wouldn't look proportional.  So far what l've got is
>something which just uses sine curves to rotate a line around 360 degrees.
>What l'm planning on doing is enabling
>rotation
>zoom in/out features
>stretch image up-down/left-right
>and you would be able to save these pictures as you go to insert them into
>games.
>Any ideas?

This is TI-BASIC, right?  Although it will be slow, you should be able to
produce great images as you have floating-point support.  I've done 3D
graphics a lot with BASIC, but I've only used orthographic projections.
(Alpha, Beta, and Gamma to define the X, Y, and Z axes, respectively)  It
will be nice to have perspective views.

Are you doing texture mapping?

Have fun,
====