A92: Insight 3D - [i3] - UPDATE

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Insight 3D - [i3] - UPDATE

Hello,

It has been WAY too long since an update on this awesome
project.  Looking back at the website, I note the pages are
about six months old!  However, do not fear!

Some things in my life have taken priorities that make a
project like [i3] to move very slowly.  My initial vision
for the project was a little too far-fetched.  However, I
still intend on eventually supporting just about every
feature I thought of.  But going back to now,  I have had to
almost completely redesign [i3] several times due to the
extraordinary conditions of the TI-92 platform.  So much of
the previously written code is not readily able to be
merged.  I currently have only one primitive drawing routine
ready for final release.  (I'm not trying to pull your leg!
I can post source for it if you really want!)  That brings
up another major development:

The source for [i3] is going to be completely open and FREE.
I have decided that a project of this nature is too complex
to be rested in the hands of one person.  With hopefully
many programmers using the [i3] library in their games (or
other applications), they can find bugs and have the ability
to fix them.  In fact, the [i3] source code is built with
MultiASM so the system is essentially "modular".  If a
programmer finds a better algorithm, for instance, with the
one primitive drawing routine I currently have, they can
submit a revision to the current version.  Everyone else can
then use the updated library (also verifying for any
problems with the new code).

Versioning is going to go as follows.  The first one I
release will be version 1.0.0.  Any revisions made will
result in 1.0.1, 1.0.2, etc.  However, revisions are mainly
from people in the TI community.  I will then release a
version 1.1.0 that sums up all of the changes and basically
combines the best solution.  All programs written with just
1.0.0 will be able to use version 1.999.999 and still
function.  However, at some time major changes will have to
made to [i3] that may cause all 1.x versions to fail.  This
is when you will see versions 2.x, 3.x, etc.

I am really excited to see this project actually moving.
Moreover, I hope my lack of swiftness in the development of
[i3] has NOT caused anyone to lose interest in this project.

====
Insight 3D - [i3]
http://www.inlink.com/~mozart/i3/

NOTE: The website has not been updated.  I am looking into
getting a different web server.  The changes to the [i3]
project also require a completely different website.  The
current information on the website is and should be
considered out of date.  Please look for a brand new website
the first quarter of 1999.

====
MultiASM v1.3
http://www.inlink.com/~mozart/MultiASM