Re: A92: Recovering from Crashes on the 92+

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Recovering from Crashes on the 92+

>>  Data in the Archive can't be accessed directly, it has to be copied into
>>  the real RAM before you can use it. The 92+ has the processor set up to
>>  access 256Kb of RAM, and must therefore use I/O ports to read
from/write to
>>  the archive. Someone please prove me wrong on this one ;-)
>>

>The 92 processor is a 68000 processor. It has thus an adressable space of 16
>Mb ...

Yes, provided that all the adress lines are connected... I believe the 92 was
only intended to have 256Kb or RAM from the beginning, and therefore only
18 of
the 24 (?) lines are wired.

>I don' t know if this is what you meant but i think that the external flash
>module is simply built in the adressable space.. I may be wrong as i have no
>92+ module..

Why if the 92 could adress all the memory on the Plus would TI implement
such a
strange solution like the "Archive memory"? It serves no useful purpose since
it's erased along with the rest of the memory, and "archiving" a variable
is no
better than to lock it.

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

The trouble with being a god is that you've got no one to pray to.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)