A92: 92+ in delaware and new ideas

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: 92+ in delaware and new ideas

I have yet to see a 92+ module in Delaware.  When I said that Delaware
has NO electronics ability (keeping me at a stale-mate in my work),
that's exactly what I mean.  Yeah, sure, there are some resistors and
transistors here and there, but I wish that Delaware would come into the
90s.  If I didn't know any better, I'd say that we were still wearing
bell-bottoms.  Delaware sucks, and I wish to God that the people here
would go hi-tech.

Enough complaining.  I haven't seen my e-mail since the beginning of
summer (or around there anyway), and when I first came on, I had 1,380
some messages.  I deleted all of them, so I have no idea what has
happened.  My computer is messed up to the point I can't use my com port
(meaning no more games for my calculator for awhile).  This Wednesday
I'm leaving for the Army (woohoo, money).  On Tuesday, I'll unsubscribe
to the lists (woohoo, no mail).  I have found out how to do electronics
work (digital and analog) on spreadsheets.  When I get back around
February-March, I'll come back to the list and probably have some great
things for TI-calculators.  One thing I have designed (among others) is
a truely multiple read/write RAMchip (which means faster reads and
writes through ports and to the screen display).  I didn't receive word
of the E2 project, so instead I've decided to make something on my own.
I am telling this to the assembly-92 list only (so your mail won't be
cluttered), but when I get back the project will involve all assembly
lists.

What I have in mind is the following:
1.  I did see the letter about ending all languages with Doomsday or
something like that, well that's part of the project--to unite all the
TI-calculators with a language.  I might not do just assembly, I may
include the basic.  The language(s) will be upgradeable and easily
checked within a program (so that a command unknown won't screw the
calculator up).

2.  Designing a sound system that actually works and doesn't cause the
program to slow down (using a separate queue system).

3.  Creating a video display (preferably color) that works just as fast
as the normal display.

4.  Making an external memory source.  It will be something like the E2
except it will have faster handling, running an external program (maybe
even more than 1 at a time), clock with real-time and date, the FAT will
be stored on the unit instead of the calculator, BASIC Send and Get
commands will still work (for some variables-the date-time will be a
list), and it will have more than 2 linkports to attach unit-to-calc
links.

Imagine having sound, color, and more than 2 player combat with the same
speed as Phoenix on the TI-92.  For the programmer-imagine being able to
save a program into the unit and run it from there while you run another
program on the calculator.

Hopefully I'll have 1, 2, and 4 all in one package.

Now, most of you are saying "this boy is so stupid, he's never going to
make this crap," but I guess that's what human thinking is all
about--criticism.  Of course, when Newton came up with his laws, they
thought he was stupid, and when Christopher sailed the ocean saying
he'll reach India, they said he was stupid.

I'm hoping that this letter will be read and people will keep in mind
what could happen, and when it does happen they don't get all histerical
(spelling?) about it.  I also hope that Grant and the other electronic
designers read this, and when I get back they'll work with me on it.
All expenses and finance will be held by me (meaning no one else will
have to pay for their stuff).  And thank God that I'm leaving Delaware,
so that I can purchase the stuff I want.

I didn't proofread this letter, so any mistakes made by me, I'm
apologizing for now.  And if you didn't think that it was worth reading,
I'm sorry for taking your time.

-Rob

p.s.  Grant, write me personally on what you think of these ideas,
please.