Re: A92: Fargo II vs. Fargo I

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Fargo II vs. Fargo I

<< 	I was wondering if someone could just give me a simple explination
 of the differences between Fargo I as apposed to Fargo II.  Things like
 how much of a difference is there in programing if any, will my old
 programs work on Fargo II, and what are the major advantages to Fargo II?
 I know how to use the old Fargo (sort of, I'm still learning assembly) and
 I'm just hesitant to relearn a lot of stuff.

 -Josh Kellogg
 jkellogg@geneva.edu

Read CONVERT.TXT that comes with the Fargo II zip
Differences:
1) Compatible w/ Rom 2.1
2) rom calls have new names.
3) Read Convert.TXT that comes w/ Fargo II for more.
Advantages
1) Compatible w/ Rom2.1
2) David will (if Fargo for the 92+ is made) probably use more like Fargo II
than Fargo 0.1.x interface? (I assume)
3) Big programs will compile into smaller source than in old Fargo.

Your old fargo programs will not work with Fargo II, although you can install
fargo with 0.1.x compatibility, unless you make some changes, see convert.txt
for instruction.  If you're still learning, you might as well use Fargo II,
since it still is 68k asm, and most, if not all, of the people on this list
use Fargo II.
Skip Jordan
LGB240@aol.com