Re: A92: Serial number

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Serial number

The serial number is probably written in the ROM (in the module), in order
that there is only one identity by ROM.

This fact will certainly be used by TI to distinguish Plus modules. Since
it will be flash upgradable by downloading datas from the net, they would
probably want to be sure that YOU have effectively the right Plus module
before that you download the upgraded ROM.

But does anyone says that a serial number stops anything ? There are
everywhere pirated stuff on the net ...

Emeric VERNAT
mailto:evernat@mail.dotcom.fr
http://www.mygale.org/03/ti92plus : the upcoming reference for TI92 and
TI92+ in France.

Doors Team wrote:

> Does anyone know if the serial number of the calc is written in ROM ?
> Or something that can distinguish all calc ?
> Someone has asked me this question but I don't know really the answer.
> I wait for your help.
> C.Couffignal
> The doorsteam
> http://www.altern.org/doors