A92: Fbrowser bug

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Fbrowser bug

It appears as though I have found a bug in Fbrowser.  If the filename
displayed is 8 chars long (such as "langston"), the filename is appended
with a strange character (9 I think, which suggests ESC (264-255); some
sort of left pointing arrow anyway).  This usually does not cause a
problem because apparently only the first 8 chars are usually used.
However, my TiDOS currently displays filenames "as is" (up to a null),
and so it shows up.  In order to verify this, freshly load an 8-char
program, run TiDOS and use "dir" command.  Note how it is displayed.
Now, exit and run FBrowser, going into the main folder or wherever your
8-char program is.  Make sure it is displayed.  Now, exit and run TiDOS
again.  Notice the difference?

I've tried to trace the problem with a debugger, but since I am not very
familiar with the code of FBrowser, I didn't pinpoint the problem, nor
did I spend a lot of time doing it.