Re: A92: 92 Plus and speed reduction?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: 92 Plus and speed reduction?

At 05:01 PM 4/22/98 -0400, Bryan Rabeler wrote:
>Why would the TI-92 Plus be any faster than the TI-92?  They both use the
same processor.  I guess >you could fill me in on why the TI-92 II is
faster than the TI-92...

Both the TI-92 II, and certainly the TI-92 Plus, are faster than a regular
TI-92 because of the extra 128 KB of RAM. This allows the CPU to access two
bytes of RAM at a time, rather than one at a time. So RAM access is about
twice as fast. Machine language code running from RAM will go about 70-80%
faster. ROM routines that are RAM-intensive will also run faster.
---
David Ellsworth
davidell@earthling.net
IRC: eXocomp