A92: Re: Porting the IR link programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Re: Porting the IR link programs

> How are you sending the text for the chat?  If you have your own way of
> doing it, I just realized that you could chat with two different
> calculators.  Like I could chat, with my TI-92, with someone else's TI-85,
> for example.  Because you aren't using the TI-protocol (with the .8x* and
> .9x* extensions and formats), any two calcs can now talk.  But I am making a
> big assumption that you aren't using the TI-protocol.  Am I right?

Hi,
I am using TI's low level hardware protocol, and not TI's packet
protocol, which isn't a problem; two different calcs can talk
together since everything is the same way.

What is particular in IR Chat is that it sends a complete
line at once, and not like other chat programms that sends
a byte every time a key is pressed. This methode used by IR Chat
make it possible to have clear multiple-calc chats. The other
feature of IR Chat is that is has a small WhiteBoard.

What might change between different calcs are the 'ASCII'
codes of the uncommon characters, but this isn't a problem.
Another small difference is the size of the screen, which
may cause the loss of a part of the WhiteBoard.

--
Sami Khawam
sKhawam@bigfoot.com